Jameson Wand Signal Receiver With Transmitter, Part 17-100RTK Jameson’s Wand Locator Part 17-100RTK is specially designed to detect buried utilities. This device may detect buried power cables, CATV cables, gas and water pipes, sewer lines, telephone cables, fiber optic cables with sheath.
Includes: Part 17-100R Wand Signal Receiver Part 17-500T Transmitter Jameson Transmitter TX OUTPUT JACK The Red/Black Cord, Coupler and Flexicoupler connects here to create a circuit on the buried utility.
- FREQUENCY SELECTOR The 82 kHz reading indicates that the 82 kHz frequency is in use. The 82 kHz frequency is capable of locating cables and pipes and is capable of jumping disconnected shield bonds or grounds. The 82 kHz may bleed off onto non-target conductors within close proximity. The 512 Hz reading indicates the 512 Hz frequency is in use. The 512 Hz frequency can travel greater distances, but may generate a weaker signal. The Wand Receiver is only capable of detecting either 82 kHz or 512 Hz.
- LOAD INDICATOR The Load Rate Indicator symbol flashes to indicate signal transmission and the output circuit impedance. When the indicator blinks 4 times per second, it is indicating a nearly short circuit. When the indicator blinks 1 time every 3 seconds, it is indicating a nearly open circuit.
- OUTPUT SIGNAL LEVEL CONTROL The OUTPUT SIGNAL LEVEL CONTROL adjusts the power output from the Transmitter. The three selections include: LOW, MEDIUM, HIGH. Receiver Controls and Indicators ON/OFF Button The unit will load settings from previous usage.
- Note: Automatic shut off after 10 minute of no use.
- FREQUENCY & MODE Button Toggles through available frequencies and models (model specific). Wand - 82 kHz Line Mode & 512Hz Sonde Mode GAIN Button (Up or Down) Adjusts the gain up or down. Gain level displayed as solid or missing bar on bar graph.Absolute Signal Strength The Locator Receiver provides the operator with a direct measurement of the Receiver’s signal strength. The measurement is displayed with two numerical digits (ex: 85) located at the top of the LCD display.
- The measurement range is 0 to 99 indicating a very weak signal (0) to a very strong signal (99). Absolute Signal Strength is independent of the Gain setting or meter reading. It gives the operator information about the actual amount of signal being radiated from the conductor and received by the Receiver. The Absolute Signal Strength will not be displayed if the gain is too high or too low. Adjust Gain to move meter reading to mid-scale. The numerical display will change from ‘--’ to a valid measurement. Gain Change Indication The GAIN up and down buttons are used to increase and decrease gain sensitivity in small amounts. Low Battery The Locator will indicate low battery condition by displaying low battery icon on the LCD screen.